Thursday 20 September 2007

it's good to talk

I don't want to start being all, "is it just me or..." but really, are the BT couple not the most irritating people in the world?

They are the first advertising characters actively to make me wish to boycott a company's products and services since the AA couple ("oh well we'd better get our insurance online from the AA if your dad says so, if he wanted to shag me would you let him?" "Well that didn't stop you on our WEDDING NIGHT!" or however it went).

Why would people enduring a frankly dead-in-the-water relationship make me wish to buy into their lifestyle of bickering and resentment?

It started off so well. He likes kids, she has kids. There was something about a dog (I think). They both like the BT Home Hub (I'm still not sure what one of those is, is it just fancy wireless?). Then suddenly he's chatting up strange girls at parties and she's gone all food-intolerance and is mocking him for putting on weight, probably as a result of all the meals she's cooked him, the gender-stereotyped bitch.

I don't want that in my life! I have no choice, obviously, this blog is indeed brought to you via a BT phone line (although it's Tiscali broadband, pah to your Home Hub, wouldn't get it if I could afford it, probably) which I have no intention of changing. But the point remains. I still want to buy coffee because I believe that Anthony Head might one day turn up at my door (or was it the other way round?), and I don't even like coffee.

Make me aspire to your lifestyle indicators, advertising people! Don't depress me with your ability to make some pretty okay actors diminish and demean themselves before my very eyes.

I'm off to get a Barclaycard.

No comments:

Post a Comment