Friday 28 December 2007

I'm dreaming

I just had my very own white Christmas (well, white day-after-Boxing Day, anyway)...

I was walking back to my flat and as I walked through the underpass that goes through the Harlequin Centre, my feet suddenly crunched on a thin covering of snow and as I progressed, I saw flakes in the air fly around and settle on the ground and the trees.

As I carried on and got to the bright lights of the Harlequin, there was more and more snow in light drifts on the ground but something was wrong... surely it wasn't quite cold enough, and it seemed lighter than snow usually is.

As I came through the other side I could see lorries and men in hi-viz jackets and realised... they were dismantling and removing the Harlequin Christmas Grotto (boy those elves have done a good job over the last few weeks) and all the fake snow from it was dislodging and blowing down the street and giving me my own personal winter-wonderland moment.

Happy December.

No comments:

Post a Comment